In episode 37 of the podcast, David Andrew Wiebe and Anna Mae Alexander discuss Amanda Palmer’s TED Talk, The art of asking, as well as alternative performance and music distribution opportunities. As usual, they also go on their tangential rants about music instruction and body image.
Yes, there is quite a bit of chatter in between. If you’d like to get right into the discussions, you can use the following time codes to skip ahead.
- Skip to 21:13 for Amanda Palmer: The art of asking
- Skip to 41:32 for alternative performance and distribution
- David references Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Anna references In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Gabor Maté
Not all products referenced here are necessarily recommended by David Andrew Wiebe or Anna Mae Alexander. For a list of tools, services and products that David Andrew Wiebe personally endorses, visit the resources page.
- HOSTS: Anna Mae Alexander, David Andrew Wiebe.
- MUSIC: “Ecstatic”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2009
- MUSIC: “Dramatic Serenity”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2012
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes.
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.