In this episode, David Andrew Wiebe interviews music consultant and author Christopher Knab from FourFront Media & Music. This interview provides insights into the structure of today’s music industry.
Christopher Knab – FourFront Media & Music
Christopher Knab is a music business consultant based in Seattle. He’s the owner of FourFront Media and Music, a service that helps musicians develop their marketing and career plans.
He has also written a large number of articles for The Music Biz Academy, which was started by solo pianist and composer David Nevue, who authored How to Promote Your Music Successfully on the Internet.
Music Biz Academy features a large database of articles that were written with independent musicians in mind. Everything from entry-level issues, career development, retail and digital distribution, radio promotion, podcasting, record labels, to contracts, music law, copyright, promotion, publicity, songwriting, publishing, live performance and other subjects have been discussed in detail.
When David Andrew Wiebe was first learning about music marketing and online business, he cut his teeth on the previously mentioned resources.
- GUEST INTERVIEW: Christopher Knab
- David mentions Music Is Your Business: The Musician’s FourFront Marketing and Legal Guide by Christopher Knab & Bartley F. Day
Not all products referenced here are necessarily recommended by David Andrew Wiebe or Anna Mae Alexander. For a list of tools, services and products that David Andrew Wiebe personally endorses, visit the resources page.
- HOST: David Andrew Wiebe
- MUSIC: “Ecstatic”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2009
- MUSIC: “Dramatic Serenity”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2011
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes.
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.