In episode 44 of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, David Andrew Wiebe and Anna Mae Alexander interview Mike Doerksen of Field Law and The Field Law Band.
Doerksen and his band, Dr. Fieldgood is scheduled to perform at the ZSA Battle of the Bar Bands on Thursday, May 29, 2014. The doors will be at 6 PM, and the show will begin at 7 PM. If you are in the Calgary area, we hope you’ll check it out. There is also an event in Vancouver on Friday, June 13, 2014.
This is the first ever #ThrowbackThursday episode, as DAWCast episodes are generally published on Fridays. We hope you enjoy it, and don’t forget to share it around!
Tweet This Quote:
Playing when you can and just having fun with music. It’s one of the most rewarding things I’ve found to do with my time.
— David Andrew Wiebe (@Dawmusic) May 22, 2014
ZSA Battle of the Bar Bands:
On May 29th, 2014, six bands from Calgary will compete in the ZSA Battle of the Bar Bands at Flames Central. Dr. Fieldgood features Catriona Otto, Jane Freeman, Jim Doyle, Mike Doerksen, Steve Eichler, Wayne Logan and Doug Nishimura, who will be representing Field Law. The Battle of the Bar Bands is a fundraise for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Anna mentions ZSA Battle of the Bar Bands | Purchase Tickets | Donate to the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Anna mentions #020: Mark David Stewart Interview Part 1 – Prairie of Prax in calgary, AB | #021: Mark David Stewart Interview Part 2 – Prairie of Prax in Calgary, AB
- Mike mentions Kawa Espresso Bar
- David mentions Reverb
- Anna mentions #042: 6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person, I’m Charlotte Church
- Anna mentions the Bechdel test
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to email@example.com. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes.
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.