In episode 48 of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, David Andrew Wiebe interviews The Philantropist (@PhilaZMG), producer of Hip Hop beats. The two explore recording techniques, digital audio workstations, his upcoming EP, the new music industry, sponsorships, books, social media, and other trending topics.
Tweet This Quote:
Artist entrepreneurship – I think – is, again, one of the waves of the future if people do it right. http://t.co/PiS9fWvXwD
— David Andrew Wiebe (@Dawmusic) September 4, 2014
The Philantropist is a Hip Hop beat producer that calls himself an Audio Graffiti Artist. In this episode, you will discover his creative process, how literary works inspires his music, what software he uses to create his beats, and more.
If you’re a producer or engineer, find the software, the process and the workflow that works for you. This may require a significant amount of study and experimentation, but once you find a set of tools that are right for you, you will become a far more prolific artist in the long run.
- The Philantropist mentions Ableton Live
- The Philantropist mentions FL Studio
- The Philantropist mentions Grant Rant
- The Philantropist mentions BBC – Podcasts and Downloads
- The Philantropist mentions Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
- The Philantropist mentions Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
- The Philantropist mentions The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- The Philantropist mentions The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli
- The Philantropist mentions Queen by Alex Haley
- The Philantropist mentions Roots by Alex Haley
- David mentions CASL Anti-Spam Legislation: The Future of Email Marketing for Canadian Musicians
- HOST: David Andrew Wiebe
- MUISC: “Ecstatic”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2009
- MUSIC: “Dramatic Serenity”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2012
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes.
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.