For this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I invited Maveen Kaura from DiscoverYourLifeToday.com to interview me.
I’ve been toying with this idea for quite a while, and you may have noticed that even Anna – in previous episodes – had expressed that I should be talking more about myself on the show. If you’ve ever been curious about my background, who I am, what I’m working on, and what I like, then you’ll really enjoy this episode.
To give you a little more background on Maveen, him and I try to get together on a weekly basis to discuss the future of our websites and businesses. For now, it’s our informal mastermind, though we do want to set up a more official group in the future.
This isn’t the only point of connection between DAWCast and Maveen, but you will learn more about that in the audio.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How Maveen’s guest post on DAWCast.com became the most viewed post on the site.
- How David ended up spending his formative years in Japan.
- What David admires most about the Japanese culture.
- How David got into music and started learning the guitar.
- What guest David was most nervous to interview for this site.
- How DAWCast came to be.
- Why David believes music entrepreneurship is becoming a necessity in today’s world.
- How an entrepreneurial mindset differs from an employee mindset.
- How the music industry has changed in the last 15 to 20 years.
- How many eBooks David is currently working on.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- John Legend Concert at SAIT in Calgary on June 24, 2014
- David Andrew Wiebe – There’s Only One Boss
- Riley Armstrong Interview April 2005
- Tommy Tallarico Interview December 2007
- Pete Lesperance Interview September 2008
- David Andrew Wiebe – Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Genesis Framework & StudioPress Themes for WordPress
- Bob Baker
- David Hooper
- DIY Musician Podcast
- Music Business Radio
- #003: Lucas Chaisson Interview – Singer/Songwriter in Cochrane, AB
- John Maxwell
- Getting Started on DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship
- The Back to Basic Series
- Back to Basics: The Importance of Your Website
- How to Set Up Your Music Career Like a Business
- Outsource Blog Content
- Desire: The Journey We Must Take to Find the Life God Offers by John Eldredge
- James Altucher
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Earl Nightengale
- Brian Tracy
- Zig Ziglar
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons on this page.
If you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Reach out to Maveen:
Be sure to say “Hi” to Maveen on Twitter and thank him for his time!
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.