In episode 56 of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I interview musician and entrepreneur Corey Koehler.
Corey founded Musicgoat as a music review site, but eventually turned it into a site where musicians can go to learn about music marketing, and the various tactics Corey himself has employed.
There are a lot of amazing insights from this interview, and I think you’re going to gain a lot from it.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How Corey’s website – Musicgoat – got started.
- Why Corey started releasing a song every month.
- How Corey is able to earn residual income from CD Baby.
- How Corey was able to solicit guest posters to his site.
- How Corey got started in music.
- How Corey’s fascination with marketing began.
- Why Corey believes that marketing music takes more effort than marketing other things.
- Why Corey believes that music and marketing are one and the same.
- Why Corey believes you need to focus on the personal connection in music marketing today.
- Why Corey believes you should emphasize quality over quantity with your cotent.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sell More Singles eBook
- Corey Koehler Media
- Perry Marshall
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Jay Baer
- Robert Cialdini
- CD Baby DIY Musician Podcast
- Corey Koehler’s Recommended Resources
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Reach out to Corey:
Be sure to say thanks to Corey on Twitter for his time!
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.