In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I take a look at daily routines, and how your habits have a dramatic effect on what you accomplish.
Though I wouldn’t say that I have an amazing routine that everyone should follow, I do believe that we can all learn from each other, and figure out hacks that allow us to improve our workflow.
Hopefully, you can use the information in this episode to develop a more effective, more productive routine for yourself.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How I used to spend my time, especially in my early teens.
- How picking up the guitar at age 17 caused me to be more disciplined.
- How my schedule changes to adapt to my work, passions and projects.
- Why I’m finding it hard to implement morning routines right now.
- Why I spend the early part of my day writing and completing client work.
- Why I don’t watch television.
- How your life is being run by your subconscious mind 95% of the time.
- Why a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday exercise routine works for me.
- Why I’m listening to podcasts or inspiring audio if I’m ever driving anywhere.
- How I go about my weekly reviews.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- SPI 150: A Day in the Life of Pat – My (New) Routine, Schedule and Habits Shared
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny! by Tony Robbins
- Outsource Blog Content
- The Importance of the Weekly Review by Michael Hyatt
- Be a Channel, Not a Reservoir
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.