In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I take a look at music marketing with Tumblr, the popular micro-blogging social network.
For me, it was a bit of a bust, but I think it could be different for musicians. I was trying to market my website here at The Music Entrepreneur, and did not find a community of fellow music entrepreneurs on Tumblr, but I think music fans could be a different story.
For more insights into Tumblr, make sure to listen to this episode of the podcast.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why it’s important to engage visually on Tumblr.
- Why I feel there are some good opportunities for musicians on Tumblr.
- Why it’s not about the quantity of followers you have but the quality of followers you have on social media.
- Why you need to appeal to a younger audience on Tumblr.
- How a Tumblr blog’s site authority can increase very rapidly.
- Why I posted as much as I possibly could while experimenting with Tumblr.
- How I experimented with a variety of different hashtags with my posts.
- How you can interact with the Tumblr community.
- How you can add micro-value to the world on social media.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Traffic Report: Tumblr Marketing – I Still Haven’t Figured it Out
- How to Automate Your Social Media Marketing as a Musician
- #056: Corey Koehler Interview – Musicgoat, Corey Koehler Media
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.