In episode 66 of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I explore mindset 101 principles.
Mindset may not be the sexiest topic on planet earth, but it is critically important to your success.
If you are positive, enthusiastic, and have a long-term perspective that allows you to blow through the challenges that are sure to come your way, nothing will stop you!
However, don’t get frustrated with yourself if you don’t have a strong mindset from day one. It takes time to develop. Give yourself a chance to grow!
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why your mindset tends to determine your willingness to stay committed to your goals.
- Why we tend to make decisions on an emotional level, and why there’s no way around it.
- How you can be goal – and growth – oriented in your pursuits.
- Why you need to be clear on your personal motivation.
- How long success in any endeavor can take.
- Why you shouldn’t compare your personal path to that of others.
- What it means to value and practice integrity.
- Why you need to stay focused on an overarching goal.
- How to become clear on your priorities.
- The power of enthusiasm.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Problem-Solving: An Essential Skill for Entrepreneurs
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing and Thriving in the Information Age Book
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.