In episode 67 of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I take a closer look at online strategy 101.
You’ll learn about the three basic elements that make up online strategy, and what role each of them play in an artist’s career.
Even just a superficial, surface-level look at these subjects can prove to be a big boost for your career. Take the time to invest in yourself, because the best thing you can pour your wallet into is your personal growth!
In this episode, you will discover:
- How understanding online strategy will benefit your music career.
- The three primary components of online strategy.
- Why two of the online strategy components don’t even matter if you don’t have a website!
- What search engine optimization is, and what kind of work it involves.
- The most important aspect of SEO artists should be concerned with.
- What content marketing is, and why it matters for musicians.
- Why blogging is the easiest way to get started in content marketing.
- The one component of online strategy musicians tend to focus on the most.
- Why social media is the point of convergence for SEO and content marketing.
- What the most important part of a musician’s online strategy is.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- #064: Music Marketing 101
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing and Thriving in the Information Age Book
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.