In episode 68 of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I get into email marketing 101.
Even in these changing times, email continues to remain relevant, and will prove to be vital part of not only your marketing but also your artist retirement plan.
In this podcast episode, you’ll find out what you need in order to get started.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why you need to find an email marketing tool for managing, building and sending messages to your list.
- How to make sure your email messages don’t land in spam folders.
- Why you should take some time to set some basic goals for your email marketing campaigns.
- Why you need to send emails to your fans on a regular basis.
- How your call to action in every message is determined by your overall goal.
- Why you need to keep your emails conversational in tone.
- Why it’s a good idea to learn about email marketing best practices.
- Why trying to reinvent the wheel in email marketing can actually work against you.
- Strategies that you can use to build your email list.
- How you can entice more people to sign up for your email list.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- CASL Anti-Spam Legislation: The Future of Email Marketing for Canadian Musicians
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing and Thriving in the Information Age Book
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.