So here it is as promised – my speech from the book launch party, as well as the Q&A session.
A lot of people are wondering exactly how the launch went, and considering I had never done anything like this before, I must say that it went quite well.
95% of those in attendance were family and friends, which made for a nice, casual atmosphere.
But I thought you would appreciate hearing my speech and Q&A session from the event, which is why I put this special episode together (it was more work than you might think!).
Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How Maveen and I met.
- How long I’ve been writing and creating content for the web.
- How things are changing here in the information age.
- What my unspoken (and sometimes spoken) motto in life is.
- How learning from the mistakes others have made can help you bypass a lot of struggle.
- What happened to the 1,700 booking letters my band and I sent out to churches across Canada and the US.
- Some things I learned from working on the book.
- How I think of streaming sites.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Maveen Kaura
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing, and Thriving in The Information Age eBook
- Brian Tracy
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? by Seth Godin (affiliate link)
- Deanne Matley
- Helen Austin
- YouTube Red
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.