In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I discuss the social bookmarking site StumbleUpon, and what potential it holds for musicians.
In January, I conducted a month-long experiment that showed me what kind of traffic I could send to my site from StumbleUpon, and how many visitors I could convert to subscribers.
Though it certainly isn’t the holy grail of traffic, I think there are definitely some opportunities here.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why I removed some podcast episodes from the feed.
- How The Music Entrepreneur website evolved into what it is today.
- Why the primary way to market content on StumbleUpon is to submit it.
- Why using StumbleUpon as a marketing tool doesn’t make any sense unless you have a large archive of content.
- What conversion rate is, and how it plays a role in your StumbleUpon marketing efforts.
- Why you need to think about what you want your visitors to do once they land on your website.
- What bounce rate is, and why you should be aware of it.
- Why choosing appropriate categories in StumbleUpon is crucial to your marketing efforts.
- What above the fold means in web design.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- David Andrew Wiebe – Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist in Calgary, AB
- Outsource Blog Content
- Google Analytics
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Is StumbleUpon Completely Useless as a Marketer?
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.