In this Back to Basics episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, David Andrew Wiebe discusses the different forms of advertising and how musicians can benefit from the various advertising platforms and programs that are available.
Though advertising isn’t necessarily for everyone, musicians that want to put more tools in their marketing tool belt will likely understand its potential.
There are many different forms of advertising, but we can basically break them down into two types:
- Free advertising
- Paid advertising
Though labels and marketing agencies often use advertising to market music, many independent musicians do not. If you are looking for a competitive advantage, there is a chance that you will find it in
The challenge today is that most products and services today are marketed in order to solve an immediate problem or an urgent need (i.e. back pain). How do musicians position themselves to add value to the world in the same way? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
- David mentions Back to Basics: Guest Blogging
- David mentions Back to Basics: Building Partnerships
- David mentions Long Tail Pro
- David mentions Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- David mentions Back to Basics: Search Engine Optimization
- MUSIC: Beau Hall, “Sugar Rush”
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re at it!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.