In this Back to Basics installment of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I discuss branding.
Branding can be a confusing and difficult subject for artists. I boil the concept down into its simple form, and get into what branding is, why branding is hard for artists, a simple approach to branding, and the benefits of branding.
After listening to this episode, you should have a better understanding of branding, how it works, and what you can do as a musician to better brand yourself.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why your goal with branding is to stand out in the marketplace.
- How branding yourself correctly will help you to build your fan base.
- Why artists tend to have a hard time with branding.
- Why bands need to be aware of the message they are putting out into the world.
- Why bands should decide on a central message.
- How your brand can help you to be remembered.
- How branding can help you build loyalty with your fans and customers.
- How a strong brand will help you to waste less time and energy.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- MUSIC: Beau Hall, “Sugar Rush”
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.