In this Back to Basics episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, David Andrew Wiebe discusses building partnerships. Learn how to partner with others to create a more profitable, sustainable, and fulfilling music career.
Partnerships are an extension of your relationships. There are a variety of different forms of partnerships. Sometimes they are formalized in a contract, and at other times they are simply verbal agreements between yourself and the other involved party.
The aim of every partnership is to reach a mutually beneficial agreement. A win-win situation allows both parties to gain something from the collaboration, making it a valuable venture.
One of the downsides of the information age is that while everyone is connected, they aren’t necessarily connecting. However, life is meant to be lived in community. Today, collaboration is largely going underutilized by an increasingly individualistic culture.
So, how can you work together with others? How can you support each other’s efforts? Take some time to think about this.
Here are several benefits that come from building partnerships:
- An increase in self-esteem. You will feel better about yourself when you are working with others.
- The right ones will move your career forward. A mutually beneficial agreement will propel your career ahead.
- They keep you honest. A partnership is an added layer of accountability. When you are answerable to others, you will get more done and focus more on what matters.
- David mentions Back to Basics: Building Relationships
- David mentions The Secret to Growing Your Blog Twice as Fast With Half the Effort (if you are interested in becoming a blogging duo, get in touch)
- MUSIC: Beau Hall, “Sugar Rush”
- MUSIC: “Ecstatic”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2009
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to email@example.com. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re at it!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.