In this Back to Basics episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I take a look at crowdfunding and how it can benefit artists.
Many musicians are taking advantage of the medium, though not all are successful at reaching their set goals.
The truth of the matter is that a crowdfunding campaign can take a significant amount of work if you don’t already have a large, loyal following.
Listen to this audio to learn more about crowdfunding, how to run a successful campaign, and what the benefits of running a campaign are.
In this episode, you will discover:
- What is possible with crowdfunding campaigns.
- Why you need to be realistic with your monetary goals with crowdfunding campaigns.
- Why you need to tell a story with your crowdfunding your campaign.
- Why you need to create a video for your crowdfunding campaign.
- How including photos in your campaign can help engagement.
- Why you need to develop your website in advance of initiating a crowdfunding campaign.
- Why you need to promote your crowdfunding campaign extensively.
- How offering the right perks can get you more pledges.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- MUSIC: Beau Hall, “Sugar Rush”
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.