In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, David Andrew Wiebe discusses giveaways and contests, and how engaging with your fan base with fun activities and merch offers can stimulate interest in your music career.
People love free stuff, and if you can make giveaways a consistent part of your brand, it can go a long way towards getting your name out there.
Giveaways and Contests
Giveaways and contests can be used to grow your email list. They can be leveraged to engage fans, build awareness for your music and market yourself.
In building your music career, it’s important to remember to have fun. After all, music is creative and entertaining, and if you can make these qualities a part of your branding and marketing, you will win over more fans.
Navigating the legalities of giveaways and contests can be a little tricky. The main thing to remember is that if you are going to use a social media site to host a contest, make sure to consult their terms of service. If you don’t, your profiles could get shut down.
Look for creative ways to give away merchandise and engage your fans with contests. There are many ways to go about it, and you can be just as creative with your promotions as you are with making music.
- David mentions How to Promote Your Music Successfully on the Internet by David Nevue
- David mentions Using Online Contests to Boost Social Media Results: Part One | Part Two
- MUSIC: Beau Hall, “Sugar Rush”
- MUSIC: “Ecstatic”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2009
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re at it!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.