In episode 56 of the podcast, Corey Koehler came on the show to talk about music, blogging, marketing and everything in between.
I didn’t want to clutter up the show notes with a ton of links, so I decided to put this post together to tie up the loose ends.
In this post, you will find links to a couple of books, as well as a bunch of podcasts Corey says he listens to.
I’m thinking about getting into some of these shows myself, as I would love to learn more about marketing, but there are some he mentioned I already knew about.
In any case, let’s take a look at the resources Corey recommended on the show.
I have not read either of these books, but based on Corey’s recommendation, I would venture to guess they are pretty good.
If you are looking to learn more about marketing or persuasion right now, then they are probably worth a look.
Please note that the following links lead to Amazon, where you can purchase the books. I will earn affiliate commissions on the purchases should you choose to buy anything through these links.
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by Perry Marshall
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
Again, I haven’t listened to all of these podcasts, so I can’t vouch for their quality, but if they pique your interest, go ahead and check them out.
I’ve added some comments to the shows I do know a little bit about.
- The Brainfluence Podcast
- Entrepreneur on Fire: I haven’t listened to Entrepreneur on Fire myself, but John Lee Dumas has been on a lot of podcasts himself, so I’ve come across his material a few times. If you’re not familiar with his show concept, he interviews an entrepreneur every single day.
- I Love Marketing
- Nerdist: I used to listen to the Nerdist podcast. It’s really interesting in terms of the guests they bring on, and can be a lot of fun to listen to as the hosts are comedians. Their shows tend to be pretty long though, and if you’re looking for tips and techniques, you probably won’t find a lot here.
- Marketing Over Coffee Marketing Podcast
- PNR with This Old Marketing Podcast
- Smart Passive Income: I still listen to Smart Passive Income all the time, and I’ve mentioned Pat Flynn and his blog/podcast here at The Music Entrepreneur several times. It’s definitely worth a listen; especially the earlier episodes.
- Social Media Marketing Podcast: Michael Stelzner is the host of Social Media Marketing Podcast, a show I still regularly listen to. In fact, I think it’s the only social media related show I tune in to.
- Social Pros Podcast
- The Solopreneur Hour Podcast
- The Tim Ferriss Show: at this point, I don’t think it was that long ago that Tim Ferriss started his own podcast. However, Tim is a very smart guy, and if you like his 4-hour philosophy, you’ll probably like this too.
- WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.