In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I take a look at marketing channels 101.
Though it can be a bit of a confusing topic, it basically comes down to the various sites, apps, publications, and other channels you can use to gain more exposure for your art.
Being aware of marketing channels will allow you to find the mediums that work best for the message you want to get out into the world!
In this episode, you will discover:
- What marketing channels are.
- The four different types of marketing channels.
- How you can use social media to connect with your fan base.
- Why music distribution services could be considered passive marketing channels.
- Why certain marketing channels may require a certain amount of work or money to take advantage of.
- A variety of different ways you can use radio to promote your music.
- Why content creation is the cornerstone of marketing.
- How audio and video can be used to take advantage of certain marketing channels.
- How musicians can increase their reach online.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Leave a message in response to this podcast episode
- Thought Catalog
- #070: Social Media 101
- Thing 12: Distributed Identity
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing, and Thriving in The Information Age Book
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.