Bandzoogle is a comprehensive website platform solution for musicians. For several years, I have been an advocate for the web host + domain name + WordPress route, but I wanted to find out how Bandzoogle was different and what it could offer musicians.
In addition to that, I wanted to find out why websites are so important for musicians. I’m sure you already know what my thoughts are, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t off the rocker. Find out what Dave had to say by listening to this episode!
In this episode, you will discover:
- What Bandzoogle is, and why it’s the easiest place for musicians to set up a website.
- How Bandzoogle can save musicians time and money.
- Why you need own your list of fans.
- How Dave ended up making a film, and how much work it required of him.
- How entering your 30s can impact your music career.
- Why Dave believes that if you’re just starting out in music and you’re trying to fund a career, your best option is to get a job.
- When SEO does and does not matter for musicians.
- Why musicians need to be thinking about the business side of things.
- Why Dave believes one of the biggest challenges as a musician is standing out and cutting through the noise.
- Why data is the future of the music industry.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Leave a message in response to this podcast episode
- What is INDIE? A Look into the World of Independent Musicians
- #030: Steve Taylor Interview, Religion & Politics
- A Day In The Life of A Music Maker
- Should Artists Have to Work a 2nd Job?
- Does Search Engine Optimization Really Matter?
- What Your Website Needs [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Attending Music Conferences 101
- Genesis Framework & StudioPress Themes for WordPress (affiliate link)
- Peter Spellman
- The Self-Promoting Musician: Strategies for Independent Music Success by Peter Spellman (affiliate link)
- Indie Business Power: A Step-By-Step Guide for 21st Century Music Entrepreneurs by Peter Spellman (affiliate link)
- Your Successful CD Release
- Sonicbids Blog
- TuneCore Blog
- WTF with Marc Maron Podcast
- Michael Brandvold
- Six-Figure Musician
- Tim Ferriss
- 18 Ways Musicians Can Make Money
- The Other F Word
- How to Create a Music Marketing Budget in 4 Simple Steps
- #056: Corey Koehler Interview – Musicgoat, Corey Koehler Media
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.