In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, I take a look at offline marketing 101.
You can find a lot of different tools to promote your music online, but that doesn’t mean that you should limit your marketing to the internet. There is so much more you can do in the real world!
In this episode, you will learn about a lot of different vehicles you can use to market your music in the offline world. I’ve also included some tips on how to be effective with your offline marketing.
In this episode, you will discover:
- What offline marketing is.
- Why musicians may have a hard time building a career off of online marketing alone.
- Why billboards may not be a practical marketing tool for musicians.
- How merchandise can contribute to your offline marketing efforts.
- Why offline marketing is just as important as online marketing.
- How your offline marketing can complement your online marketing.
- Why you need to keep your branding consistent across different marketing channels.
- Why relationship-building should come before any selling you do.
- Why you need to give people things that are going to be hard to throw away.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Leave a message in response to this podcast episode
- #008: Chris Naish Interview – Singer/Songwriter in Calgary, AB
- #036: Todd Henry Interview – Accidental Creative
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing, and Thriving in The Information Age Book
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.