Have you ever experienced any disappointments in life or in your music career?
Have you encountered any challenges on your way to achieving your goals?
If there’s one thing we all have in common, it’s hardship – it’s part of the human experience.
I recently had the opportunity to chat with Marcio Novelli, a real go-getter in the music industry.
He used his wife’s miscarriage, not as an excuse to give up, but rather as a reason to turn his attention to something new and exciting.
Every day we are presented with reasons to give up. It’s what we choose to do in those moments that defines who we are.
So how do you respond to hardship? What do you do when things just aren’t going your way?
I think you will find Marcio’s story to be incredibly inspirational, and I hope you’ll find the seeds of greatness within every challenge you come across.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why Marcio believes this is the easiest time and the hardest time to break into the music industry.
- Why Marcio believes you don’t need to be the biggest artist in the world to be successful.
- Why labels won’t pay attention to you unless you’ve already achieved success on your own terms.
- Why Marcio calls himself a storyteller rather than just a musician.
- Why Marcio believes social media is one of the best things for reaching out to your fans and gaining exposure.
- How Marcio plans out his social media strategy.
- How Marcio balances his family life and his music career.
- Why Marcio believes you should do as much as you possibly can yourself on a solo project.
- Why Marcio’s wife had a miscarriage, and how that inspired his album.
- Why Marcio turns to books about spirituality for the sake of his sanity.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book Launch Party: The New Music Industry
- Marcio Novelli’s Walking Proof [Trailer]
- #081: Scott Kirby (Music Revolt) Interview – Payola & Collusion in the Music Industry
- Bridge The Atlantic
- Electric Kiwi
- The Rocket Summer
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle (affiliate link)
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.