No, don’t worry – the podcast isn’t coming to an end… Well, not exactly.
You see, one of the challenging aspects of maintaining a site like this – where I’m publishing anywhere from three to four new content pieces per week – is that it makes it much harder to get around to creating more resources and finishing important projects (like physical copies of my new book).
This is why I’ve decided that it’s time to try a different approach. Maybe it will work, maybe it won’t. At the very least, it should get me different results. If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always got, and I’m ready to do different things to get different outcomes. This is why I’m going to be taking a break from podcasting.
I’ve come to realize that I can’t just keep doing what I’m doing and hope that one day I’ll get to where I want to be. I need to take a more proactive, more conscious approach to life and music.
And this is something you might encounter on your own journey as well, which is why I decided to share about it. If you’ve been putting off getting focused in your life, I hope this podcast episode helps.
As always, feel free to let me know your thoughts.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Why I’m bringing the podcast to a stop.
- Why it seems counter-intuitive to put a project on hold when it’s just beginning to see traction.
- Why I feel like I’ve been hearing the exact message I’ve been needing to hear as of late.
- How different sources of input have been connecting in meaningful ways for me.
- What I’ve been learning from Derek Sivers.
- Why I’m looking to streamline my life to work on what I want to.
- Why if you’re going to live to be 80, you have plenty of time to do everything you want to in life.
- How I came to the conclusion that I needed to start working on my music now.
- How self-imposed time limits can provide needed urgency for the completion of important projects.
- What has been holding me back from challenging the status quo.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Smart Passive Income
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg (affiliate link)
- Derek Sivers on Developing Confidence, Finding Happiness, and Saying “No” to Millions
- #089: Matthew Moran Interview – How to Determine the True Value of Opportunities
- Derek Sivers Interview January 2009
- The Project Capsule
- 305 | The Internet Business Launch Plan Pt 6: Automate and Multiply Your Income
- #090: Jesse Cannon Interview – Being Yourself & Building An Authentic Connection with Your Fans
- Lucas Chaisson
- The New Music Industry: Adapting, Growing, and Thriving in The Information Age eBook
Thank you for tuning in!
Thank you for joining me for another episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or requests, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
We would really appreciate it if you would share this episode on your social networks. Feel free to use the social media buttons provided on this page.
Also, if you leave an honest review in iTunes, it would really help us get the word out about this show. We’ll be sure to read them too, and we might even share your thoughts in an upcoming episode.
To receive automatic updates, make sure to subscribe to the podcast using one of the following links:
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.