David Andrew Wiebe discusses the importance of making a plan for the achievement of your goals, and five obstacles you might encounter on your journey. If you don’t yet have a plan for your music career, you’re definitely going to want to hear this.
The five obstacles are:
- Perfectionism. Many artists have a tendency towards perfectionism, and will never get started on a plan because they want to make it perfect.
- Complicating the process. It’s important to keep things simple. The simpler your plan is, the easier it will be to follow.
- A lack of commitment. You can count on the fact that there will be challenges along the way. If you are hesitant, you aren’t committed to your vision yet.
- A lack of belief. Making tough decisions is a part of realizing a worthy ideal. You might have to give some things up or put them off until later to achieve your dreams.
- If you’d like to learn what the final obstacle is, click here to grab the free PDF with additional insights.
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes.
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.