In this episode of DAWCast: Music Entrepreneurship, David Andrew Wiebe discusses the recent changes to the website, and what you can expect from DAWCast in the future.
The New DAWCast
Here at DAWCast, we’ve been taking some time to think about where the podcast and website is headed. Up until now, the podcast was essentially the “product”. In other words, it has been the primary focus, and everything to this point has been done with the podcast in mind.
It has become increasingly apparent that this is not good strategy. It’s not just a matter of strategy, of course, because we also have our audience in mind when we make these types of decisions.
In particular, the blog has grown a lot over time, and you may have noticed that we are also working on a digital guide. At this point, it only make sense to find a way to present a unified whole.
To cut to the chase, we’ve decided that DAWCast.comc, as a whole, is a resource for musicians; not just the podcast. The podcast will continue to be a vital component of our outreach efforts, but it won’t be the only medium we use to connect with our audience.
We hope you enjoy this new direction. Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Join the mailing list and identify yourself as a music entrepreneur!
- David mentions The Back to Basics Series
- David mentions The ‘Start Here’ page
- David mentions The Mindset & Philosophy section of the blog
- David mentions The Mindset Series
- David mentions DAWCast.com/podcast (a new shortcut to access all of the podcast episodes and show notes)
- David mentions How to Cope with Disappointing Audience Turnouts
- MUSIC: Beau Hall, “Sugar Rush”
- MUSIC: “Ecstatic”, David Andrew Wiebe © 2009
- Feel free to leave a comment below.
- Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use them on the show!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by leaving a positive rating and review in iTunes. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re at it!
- Help us spread the word about this podcast by posting a tweet.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.