Here are some key points I get from Thing 4: Customise from The 20 Things You Must Know About Music Online:
- Your website should communicate who you are, what you do, and the perceived image you want your audience to have of you
- You are unique, therefore your website should reflect that; what do you do, what do you deliberately avoid doing, what sets you apart?
- Consider carefully the things your audience is looking for; what information should go on the front page?
- Integrate other tools, such as Google Maps, or Skype, or Facebook widgets as you see fit
- If the tool doesn’t fit your style, customize it to make it fit your website
The 20 Things You Must Know About Music Online was written by Andrew Dubber, and all credit goes to him. I do not claim any ownership over the book, nor am I quoting any information verbatim. If you would like to download your free copy, please follow this link, and don’t forget to visit New Music Strategies as well.
Author: David Andrew Wiebe
David Andrew Wiebe has built an extensive career in songwriting, live performance, recording, session playing, production work, investing, and music instruction. In addition to helping musicians unlock their full potential, he also continues to maintain a touring schedule with multiple bands.